The best inspiration for New Year’s Resolutions comes from Afrika Bambaataa:
Peace! Love! Unity!…and Having Fun!
Forget the diets and drinking less. Skip the gym. Why not do the following instead:
- Buy silk pajamas
- Resolve to use quotation marks correctly
- Have ice cream for breakfast at least once in 2018
- Form an addiction to Yerba Maté
- Do something old folks do. And enjoy it.
- Splurge on expensive shampoo
- Say “Good Morning” to the silent people in the elevator and shake things up
- Boycott something
- Get at least one massage every quarter
- Visit a random museum (Museum of Medical Instruments? Doel? Mercartor Museum?)
- Write a few thank you notes each month for the hell of it
- Grow something that helps bees
- Become obsessed with suffering so you understand happiness
- Get your nails done every three weeks. Boys, too.
- Invest in soy candles with natural scents
- Put a bunch of plants on your desk to increase productivity